- the types of information that we may collect from you when you access or use our websites, applications and other online services (collectively, our "Services"); and
- our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
The User must be 18 years of age or older to register, use the Website/Services, or visit the Website/ Services in any manner. By registering, visiting and using the Website, you represent and warrant to Alternacare that you are 18 years of age or older, and that you have the right, authority and capacity to use the Website and the Services available through the Website, and agree to and abide by the terms and conditions mentioned herein.
Information We Collect
- Personal Information:
Some of the Services require us to know more about you so that we can best meet your needs. When you access these Services, we may ask you to voluntarily provide us certain information that personally identifies (or could be used to personally identify) you (“Personal Information”). Personal Information includes (but is not limited to) the following categories of information: (1) contact data (such as your e-mail address and phone number); (2) demographic data (such as your gender, your date of birth); (3) medical data (such as the doctors, dentists, healers or other Health Care Providers (“Healthcare Providers”) you have visited, your reasons for visit, your dates of visit, your medical history, and other medical and health information you choose to share with us), and (4) other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us, including without limitation SSN, unique identifiers such as passwords, and Personal Information in emails or letters that you send to us.
- Billing Collection and Payment Information
- Visit to Alterna.care across “web”, “mobile browser or application”
We also may automatically collect certain data when you use the Services, such as (1) IP address; (2) domain server; (3) type of device(s) used to access the Services; (4) web browser(s) used to access the Services; (5) referring webpage or other source through which you accessed the Services; (6) geolocation information; and (7) other statistics and information associated with the interaction between your browser or device and the Services (collectively “Traffic Data”). Depending on applicable law, some Traffic Data may be Personal Information. We may also collect additional information, which may be Personal Information, as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent for analyzing the software used for improvising the services and for analyzing anonymized practice information for commercial use.
- We collect information (including Personal Information and Traffic Data) when you use and interact with the Services, and in some cases from third party sources. Such information includes:
- When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services and through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like;
- Through cookies, web beacons, website analytics services and other tracking technology (collectively, “Tracking Tools” as mentioned below), and
- When you use the “Contact Us” function on the Site, send us an email or otherwise contact us.
We may use a type of advertising commonly known as interest-based or online behavioral advertising.
- Web Beacons
“Web Beacons” (a.k.a. clear GIFs or pixel tags) are tiny graphic image files imbedded in a web page or email that may be used to collect anonymous information about your use of our Services, the websites of selected advertisers and the emails, special promotions or newsletters that we send you. The information collected by Web Beacons allows us to analyze how many people are using the Services, using the selected advertisers' websites or opening our emails, and for what purpose, and also allows us to enhance our interest-based advertising.
- Website Analytics
We may use third-party website analytics services in connection with the Services, including, for example, to register mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity and text that you type into the Site. These website analytics services generally do not collect Personal Information unless you voluntarily provide it and generally do not track your browsing habits across websites which do not use their services. We use the information collected from these services to help make the Services easier to use and to provide better service.
- Mobile Device Identifiers
Mobile device identifiers are data stored on your mobile device that may track mobile device and data and activities occurring on and through it, as well as the applications installed on it. Mobile device identifiers enable collection of Personal Information (such as media access control, address and location) and Traffic Data. As with other Tracking Tools, mobile device identifiers help Alternacare learn more about our users’ demographics and internet behaviors.
Controlling your Account Information
If you are a registered user of the Services, you can modify some of the Personal Information you have included in your profile. If you wish to close your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, however, that Alternacare reserves the right to retain information from closed accounts, including to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, enforce the Agreement and take other actions permitted by law.
Links to “Other Websites” or “Other Digital Properties”
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose certain information that we collect from you:
- We may share your Personal Information with Healthcare Provider with which you choose to schedule through the Services. For example, if you complete a Medical History Form using the Services in advance of an appointment, we may share your Medical History Form with your Healer. You also may choose to store but not share your Medical History Form.
- We may share your Personal Information with your Healthcare Provider to enable them to refer you to and make appointments with other Healthcare Provider on your behalf or to perform analyses on potential health issues or treatments, provided that you choose to use the applicable Services.
- We may also share your Personal Information with organizations that collect, aggregate and organize your information so they can make it more easily accessible to your Healthcare Provider.
- We may transfer your information to another company in connection with a merger, sale, acquisition or other change of ownership or control by or of Alternacare (whether in whole or in part). Should one of these events occur, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you before your information becomes subject to different privacy and security policies and practices.
Security of Information
Security of your Personal Information is very important to us. We endeavor to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and in storage. For example, when you enter sensitive information on our Site, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology.